Chicken Fajita Bake
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1/8 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Black Pepper
For the fajitas:
- 1 Chicken boneless, skinless
- 1/4 Red Onions sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 Bell Peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 clove Garlic Clove minced
- 1/2 tbsp Avocado Oil divided
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
For shells and toppings:
- 1/4 Avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 MIxed Greens bibb, romaine, chard, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl or shallow dish.
- Slice up your chicken into 1/2 by 1 inch strips.
- Place the chicken in the bowl/dish with the marinade.
- Mix well so that all of the strips are covered with the marinade.
- Set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the onion, bell peppers and garlic as noted.
- Lightly grease a large sheet pan with 1 tbsp avocado oil.
- Spread the onion and bell pepper out on the sheet pan.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp avocado oil and lightly sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper over everything.
- Toss to coat.
- Next, nestle the chicken pieces in with the veggies in the sheet pan.
- Spread everything out as evenly as possible.
- Place in the oven to cook for about 15-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
- While the fajitas are cooking, prepare lettuce leaves for shells and toppings as noted.
- Once the fajitas are cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- To serve, spoon fajita mixture into lettuce leaves, top with avocado and cilantro and enjoy.